aka jetison

Friday, May 02, 2008

I Have Seen The Gates Of Heaven !



1315 Congress St. is indeed Paradise ! I have been to Austin, and aside from New Orleans no place (I've been) comes close ! After seeing Alejandro Escovedo and Jon Dee Graham on back to back nights at The Continental Club nothing here on earth can be the same again !

...and if you think the '60/'70's are dead - just go to Gruene Hall in New Braunfels, Tx [where we saw another of my favorite bands The Gourds !] . It ALL comes together there [I wrote this short poetic observation down while on the premises...]

Bikers, hippies, and brides to be, Hardwood, neon, boots and beachwear / dancing to surrealist fruit namesakes and beerbottle bounty





I am SO grateful to all the Texans for their hospitality and to our incomparable hostess Donna for EVERYTHING - and of course my spouse for putting up with me always - and to SG for bringing all the pieces together. One of my BEST experiences EVER !

More details soon...

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • Heaven is right down the street from me indeed!!

    By Blogger Tex, at 6:06 PM  

  • Bob, I never realized this was you.

    Tex'll be having you and Becks pledging allegiance to the Texas flag before you know it.

    By Blogger Ted D, at 11:24 AM  

  • Ted, Tex, and all visitors - I was accused of drinking the [Texas] Cool Aid while I was there... I told Donna that I began drinking that Cool Aid when I was 10 listening to Buddy Holly records, and graduating to all genres of Texas music in my 20's and beyond - Billy Joe Shaver is another hero, that I just missed by a week.

    This trip has been a life long dream - and lived up to EVERY expectation. I will be updating my observations and comments as I begin to regain my senses - right now I'm still mostly in shock !

    By Blogger akajetison, at 12:16 PM  

  • Ted - I look forward to meeting you when you get here !

    By Blogger akajetison, at 12:18 PM  

  • Same here, Bob!

    By Blogger Ted D, at 4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home