aka jetison

Monday, August 28, 2006

New Music


Modern Times - Bob Dylan

I caught the premiere of Modern Times last night on XM Radio.

Sweet ! At 65 Dylan is in full command of his abilities. Drawing on a lifetime of musical experience, and backed by a band he says is capable of pulling off anything, he sings with wisdom and self assurance. Part minstrel, part blues man he's released a mature collection of music here, a perfect opposing life-cycle bookend to his cosmic electric youthful genius.

This new collection fits perfectly as a continuation of his last 2 releases. I probably would have enjoyed this album if I had listened to it 30 years ago but I know I wouldn't have been able to fully appreciate its depth and wisdom until now.

Thanks again Bob !

1 Comments:

  • Listening to this cd today, I kept trying to figure out what category you would put this music in (in the proverbial record store)...folk? rock? blues? oldies? swing? It is NOT classifiable, and I guess that's the point.

    By Blogger beckperson, at 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home